Metadata & Data Lineage support

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Hi,

Nice tool, but it has a shortcoming that extended properties on tables and columns are not scripted as well. We use them for storing data lineage and metadata. Visio allows you at least one line to store "description" data which looks to be a good place to catch this and build it into the script as extended properies.

Anyone working on this? Otherwsie, I may have a play.

Thanks

Stuart

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM

In my opinion you should go ahead!

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Hi

I'm also very interested in mentioned functionality. Does anyone knows whether authors have any plans to implement such behavior?

Regards,

Krzysztof Blacha

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Sorry for if i Am off topic.  Can you point me to an article on how you use extended prophéties for data lineage?

Thanks

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hi

I am very interested in this functionality as well , to be able to script  extended properties . Any plans to support this?

Thanks,

Jorge

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM

This is pretty sweet.  Nice work to the folks who put this solution together!

The V4EA toolset used to give you the option of exporting column/table descriptions and notes as Extended Properties.  I would also be very interested in getting this functionality in play.  If someone is able to point me at the property collection where these notes/descriptions are stored I'm happy to have a poke around the source in search of a way to script out the extended properties.

Cheers

Jeremy Huppatz (Ozziemedes)