Key File Not Found

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Attempting to build on 32 bit Win7 and get the following message:  Cannot import the following key file: ForwardEngineer.pfx.

May 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I am having the same problem. I have win 7 64-bit and the exe wont work on it. When I try to build I get 

Cannot import the following key file: ForwardEngineer.pfx. The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or manually install the certificate to the Strong Name CSP with the following key container name: VS_KEY_02D9EC58B9E917F3 Visio.ForwardEngineer 

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Well, a quick solution would you substitute the pfx file for one of your domain or a temporarily specially created and associated it in the Project Properties page, you can refer to the VS help for more info.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I just found a way around this for local development. in VS 2010 right click on the Visio.ForwardEngineer project and click on properties. After doing so navigate to Signing and Create Test Certificate on that screen. After the Certificate is created make sure that the Drop down list at the bottom of the page uses the new temporary key you created.